What are you knitting for Christmas? I am, as usual overambitious. It seems like there is plenty of time for the three scarves and several hats I want to make but then suddenly the time always seems to run out. Then I am knitting morning, noon and night to get things finished, giving Unfinished Objects as presents to be continued in the New Year, and coming up with other solutions.
these Squash blossom book marks created by Bonnie Sennott are a quick knit, using a free Ravelry pattern if you are running out of time. I have knitted rather a lot of them, aren’t they great?
Need ring-fenced knitting time and cake?
Enter Knitmas. It is our first Create With Fibre Christmas event and we are excited! Come along and work on your Christmas knitting in front of the log fire. On the afternoon of Monday 4th December, we will congregate at the old Black Bull pub Dalmellington Ayrshire. This is a small event with only 20 tickets on sale and there are 9 spaces left.
The Black Bull is a 17th Century coaching inn, which is now the quirky and unique home of our friend and sometime Create With Fibre helper Jane.
- We will knit in front of the log burning fire and eat cake.
- There will be a goody bag for everyone
- £1 from each ticket will go to labour behind the label.
- There will be a free mystery mini workshop.
- McHatties Yarns will have their designer yarns for sale
- Create With Fibre surprise goodies will be available.
So bring your knitting, wear your best woollies and don’t eat too much lunch before you come!